Treat yourself right this Halloween by whipping up a batch of mint chocolate chip cookies!
Vegan mint chocolate chip cookies recipe
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Combine the wet ingredients in another large bowl. Add the wet to dry and mix well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place 8 scoops on a well-oiled or parchment paper-lined baking sheet and flatten them slightly with your hand. Space them evenly so the cookies have room to spread.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Allow them to cool before enjoying.
Replace walnuts with toasted pecans or macadamia nuts. Replace chocolate chips with carob chips or dried fruits. Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa or carob powder to above. Try adding 1 tablespoon spirulina.
More vegan dessert recipes
Vegan cherry chocolate ice cream
No-bake coconut bars
Vegan coconut ice cream