Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert that means "pull me up" because the ingredients can literally jolt you awake. But there is also a way to enjoy it with lighter and fresher ingredients fit for summer. Strawberries can do magic to this delicious popular dessert. Enjoy and love it!
Strawberry tiramisu recipe
Yields 5 glasses
- 13 ounces strawberries
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 8 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8.8 ounces mascarpone
- 6 large savoiardi biscuits or ladyfingers (quantity depends on the size)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Using a hand mixer, mix the strawberries (leaving a few pieces for garnishing), 2 tablespoons of sugar (adjust if needed because strawberries have different sweetness) and 2 tablespoons of amaretto liqueur. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with 3 tablespoons of sugar. Add the stiff egg whites then the mascarpone and lastly, 2 tablespoons of amaretto liqueur. Set aside.
- In each serving glass, put a layer of savoiardi biscuits at the bottom, breaking them to make them fit.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 4 tablespoons of amaretto liqueur and 2 tablespoons of water. Brush the savoiardi biscuits in the glass with the ameretto-water mixture.
- Spoon some mascarpone mixture in the glass, on top of the savoiardi biscuits.
- Spoon some strawberry mixture.
- Cover the glass with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with the remaining strawberries on top.
- Serve cold.
More strawberry dessert recipes
Strawberry pound cake skewers recipe
Strawberry and peach galette recipe
Strawberry refrigerator dessert recipe