When the weather's too hot, the last thing we want to eat is hot food. Cold pasta salads are a way to enjoy a good healthy meal!
Summer has arrived and so have the cold, refreshing meals. Healthy pasta salads are the way to go during the day. Simply cook the pasta, wait for it to get cold and mix in these vegetables, cheese and fruit to set you up for a delicious light meal.
Cold pasta salad with asparagus, feta, blueberries & basil recipe
- 11 ounces bowtie pasta (can be replaced with penne, fusilli or other kinds of short pasta)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 9 ounces asparagus, chopped
- 4 ounces fava beans, blanched
- 2 ounces fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces feta cheese, diced
- 4 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan cheese), shaved
- Fresh basil leaves
- Boil water in a saucepan over high heat. When the water boils, add some salt. Add the bowtie pasta. Follow the number of minutes suggested on the box. Drain the pasta then rinse with cold water. Drain it again. Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on the pasta and mix. This is important to keep the pasta from sticking to each other. Let it reach room temperature before using it in the salad.
- In a large bowl, put in the pasta. Mix in carefully the asparagus, fava beans, blueberries, feta cheese and basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil. Top with the shaved Parmesan cheese.
More pasta salad recipes
Vegan pasta salad recipe
Shrimp pasta salad recipe
Deli pasta salad recipe