Ramen noodles aren't just for poor college students. This salad toasts them up and adds them to a vegetable-packed Asian-inspired chopped salad.
This recipe does include ramen noodles but don't worry, it's delicious. The toasted ramen noodles give the dish a nice crunch that almost any salad needs. This dish is similar to a vinegar-based cole slaw except we throw in a handful of green onions, lots of toasted ramen and a fantastic tangy dressing. Your whole family will love this dish, and it's great for potlucks, too. Just stir in the dressing before serving so it doesn't get soggy.
Toasted ramen salad recipe
- 1 package cole slaw mix (this includes shredded cabbage and usually carrot)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 package chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add cole slaw mix and chopped green onions.
- In a small pan, add 1 tablespoon butter and let it melt over medium heat. Once melted add in one package of crushed ramen. Do not include the chicken flavor in the ramen pack. Set that aside for the dressing.
- Toss the ramen around in the pan until it's toasted and crispy. Add to a paper towel-lined plate to cool until ready to add to the salad.
- Make the dressing for the salad by whisking together the vinegar, sugar, oil, pepper and chicken ramen flavoring pack.
- Add toasted sesame seeds, almonds and ramen noodles to the cabbage. Drizzle dressing over and toss to combine.
More salad recipes
Bruschetta pasta salad
Tex-Mex chicken salad recipe
Strawberry avocado salad recipe