That's right, bread cooked on the grill! This flavorful pesto garlic bread will be sure to bring a smile to everyone's face. It's packed full of flavor and super simple to make.
In the summertime, it's possible to cook almost everything on the grill — from hamburgers to pizza to bread. That's right, bread. This simple and flavorful supper side dish will knock your socks off and go with everything from chicken to steak. Plus, if you have never made homemade pesto before, you will be amazed at how simple it is to make!
Pesto garlic bread recipe
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts and even pumpkin seeds all work well too)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (12 inch) loaf Italian bread (or small individual loaves/rolls)
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- Preheat your grill while you prepare the pesto and bread.
- In a food processor (or high speed blender) add basil, Parmesan cheese, 3 cloves of garlic, pine nuts, salt and pepper. Pulse until roughly chopped.
- Slowly add the olive oil to the basil mixture while the food processor is running. When the olive is combined and smooth the pesto is ready.
- Brush your bread with a little olive oil, add to the grill for a few minutes just to start to toast the bread.
- Rub the grilled side of the bread with remaining garlic clove and top with a thin layer of pesto. Wrap the bottom of the bread in foil (creating a barrier between the bottom of the bread and the grill) and top with cheese. Add back to the grill, close the grill lid and let the cheese melt.
More pesto recipes
Pesto mussels recipe
Pesto pizza bites recipe
Stuffed chicken with pesto and goat cheese recipe