Looking to switch things up a bit? Tired of the same old boring dinner routine? This healthy and flavor-packed quinoa dish is sure to please. It's packed with baby peas, cilantro, pineapple, lime and lots of heart-healthy quinoa.
Fried Thai quinoa
Slightly adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Place a saucepan over medium-high heat and add quinoa, coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Melt coconut oil and add green onion, ginger and garlic. Saute (without browning) for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add peas, pineapple and cilantro and saute for a few more minutes. Move ingredients to the side and crack two eggs in the middle. Quickly move around until scrambled. Stir into the rest of the ingredients.
- Add quinoa to the skillet, move it around in the skillet until it starts to get a little crispy on the edges.
- Add in lime juice and soy sauce, stir and make sure the flavors are equally distributed in the quinoa mixture.
- Serve with optional chopped peanuts.
More quinoa recipes
Apple quinoa parfait recipe
Strawberry basil quinoa recipe
Arugula and quinoa salad recipe