Want to prepare for breakfast ahead of time? Looking for the perfect brunch dish? Eggs Benedict is a classic dish but can be a hassle to make for a large crowd. This simple to throw together casserole gives you all the taste of eggs Benedict without all the work. Your family will love this!
Eggs Benedict casserole recipe
Source: Taste of Home
Yields one 9 x 13-inch dish
- 3/4 pound Canadian bacon, chopped
- 6 whole wheat English muffins (plain is fine, too)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a 9 x 13-inch dish add half the Canadian bacon, chopped English muffins and remaining Canadian bacon.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk and onion powder. Pour over the bacon/muffin mixture, cover with foil and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove casserole 30 minutes before baking and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Keeping the casserole covered, bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a double boiler, whisk egg yolks, heavy cream, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Whisk constantly until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. While still whisking, drizzle in melted butter.
- Serve immediately by pouring over the baked casserole.
More breakfast recipes
Bacon and cheese bread pudding recipe
Mushroom, goat cheese and thyme frittata recipe
Baked eggs with sweet potatoes and Gorganzola recipe