Cookies and pie, yes please! This pie is the perfect combination of creamy coconut pudding and crispy oatmeal cookie. It can easily be made into one 9-inch pie or even put into a few little Mason jars for simple on-the-go treats.
Coconut cream pie with cookie crust recipe
Yields 9-inch pie
- 7 ounces crispy oatmeal cookies
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes Jell-O instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 2 cups whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add oatmeal cookies and toasted coconut. Pulse until broken up and crumb-like.
- Pour into a bowl and add in melted butter and brown sugar. Mix until wet and press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until toasted. Let cool.
- To prepare filling, add both boxes of pudding to a large bowl. Pour in milk and whisk for about 2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping and 3/4 cup coconut.
- Pour into cooked shell and keep in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and coconut.
To make the pie in Mason jars, follow the same directions but just press the crust into the bottom of the jar and bake for about 7 minutes.
More coconut recipes
No-bake coconut bar recipe
Coconut whipped cream recipe
Homemade coconut butter recipe