An Infusion Of Tropical Flavors
This tropical summer salad is loaded with sweet chunks of fresh mango and creamy avocado slices, all tossed in a fresh citrus dressing. Perfect for a refreshing snack by the pool or as a side dish at your next barbecue.
This salad is the perfect poolside meal. Fresh mango really adds sweetness to the creamy avocado while the fresh citrus dressing adds just a little tang. You can make this ahead of time and pack it up for a day at the pool or serve it alongside grilled chicken.
Tropical mango avocado salad with fresh citrus dressing recipe
For the salad
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 large mangoes, sliced
- 2 large ripe avocados, pit removed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
For the citrus dressing
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 large navel oranges, juiced and zested
- Sea salt and pepper to season
- In a blender add all of the ingredients for the dressing. Blend until the mixture is smooth and set side.
- To assemble the salad divide the spinach and quinoa between 4 plates. Add mango slices, avocado slices and pumpkin seeds. Top with citrus dressing and serve immediately.
More refreshing summer salad ideas
Grilled corn salad with quinoa and fresh mint
Homemade tabbouleh with lemon dressing
Summer veggie insalata with honey cashews