Summer fruit cocktails
Take advantage of seasonal fruit for happy hour. Sweet watermelon makes a refreshing tequila mojito.
This twist on a mojito uses tequila instead of rum. You'll want to make a big batch of these fruity mojitos for your next fiesta. Cheers!
Watermelon tequila mojito recipe
Adapted from Antojitos: Festive and Flavorful Mexican Appetizers
- About 1/2 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- 10 mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into three wedges
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- 3 tablespoons white or silver tequila
- Splash of lemon-lime soda or sparkling water
- Mint sprig and slice of lime for garnish (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, puree watermelon until completely smooth. Reserve.
- In a glass, muddle the mint, lime wedges and sugar.
- Add the tequila and stir well to combine. Add watermelon juice and fill glass with ice. Top with soda or sparkling water.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and mint leaves, if desired.
More Daily Flavor
Royal Tahiti cocktail
Rhubarb and ginger mojito