Strawberry shortcake and summer go hand in hand. This simple summer dessert combines fresh picked strawberries, mint and perfectly baked shortcake biscuits. Talk about the perfect way to end a warm summer night.
Old-fashioned strawberry and mint shortcake recipe
- 1 quart strawberries, tops removed and cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely minced mint
- 2-1/3 cups Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sanding sugar
- Whipped topping
- In a large bowl add strawberries, sugar and mint. Stir to combine. Cover and put in the refrigerator. Let macerate for at least an hour but preferably 4 hours.
- When you are ready to make the biscuits, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with a Silpat liner. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine Bisquick, milk, sugar and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Divide dough equally into 4 pieces and drop onto Silpat-lined baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the biscuits with milk and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes on the middle rack until fully cooked in the center.
- To assemble shortcakes split the biscuit in half and add to a plate. Cover in macerated strawberries and top with whipped topping.
More strawberry recipes
Greek yogurt dipped strawberry recipe
Strawberry cheesecake cupcake recipe
Fried cheesecake topped with strawberries recipe