This simple dish is perfect for dinner or an easy appetizer. In the picture, we kept our tenders whole for the dinner option. But if you are serving this as an appetizer, simply cut the tender in half and you have a tasty two-bite appetizer. What could be better than chicken wrapped in bacon and rolled in spicy brown sugar?
Sweet and spicy bacon-wrapped chicken recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 8 thick slices smoked bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a high-sided baking sheet with a Silpat.
- Lay out chicken tenders and wrap a piece of bacon around the whole tender. Using two toothpicks, secure the top and bottom of the bacon.
- On a plate, mix together the brown sugar and chipotle chili powder. Roll bacon-wrapped chicken in the brown sugar and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the bacon is crisp. If the bacon is not as crispy as you would like, you can place it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, roll in the sugary sauce that is on the pan and serve. Remember that the toothpicks are at the top and bottom of the chicken tenders.
More chicken recipes
Tex-Mex chicken salad recipe
Baked sweet and sour chicken recipe
Chicken cordon bleu pasta casserole recipe