Soy sauce, sesame oil and red miso paste give these tender, moist beef tenderloin kabobs an Asian flare.
Grilled tenderloin skewers recipe
Yields 4-5 skewers
- 1-1/4 pounds beef tenderloin, cubed into inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Chopped scallion for garnish
Just a note
This recipe does not need additional salt. Miso and soy add the perfect amount of saltiness.
- Place olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, miso, sesame oil and brown sugar in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together until well mixed. Add the marinade to a large zip-closed bag. Add beef cubes to the bag and marinate for 2 hours (remove the bag from the fridge the last half hour of marinating to get the beef to room temperature before grilling). Meanwhile, if you're using wooden skewers, make sure to submerge them in water for at least a half hour to keep them from burning up on the grill.
- Prepare a grill to high heat.
- Thread the beef onto skewers (about 4-5 per skewer).
- Cover the ends of the skewers with aluminum foil if desired. Place beef skewers on the hot grill and cook about 2 minutes per side for a total of 4 minutes. Do not overcook. Garnish with chopped scallion and serve.
More grilled steak recipes
Spicy grilled skirt steak with Thai red chili sauce
Grilled flat iron steak with chimichurri sauce
Grilled skirt steak with avocado and corn salsa