Throw a healthy twist on the traditional sloppy Joe by using ground turkey instead of beef!
Sloppy Joes are an American favorite, but why not make them healthier? By using ground turkey and a homemade, all-natural sauce, you're doing your body good.
Crumbled blue cheese is the perfect accompaniment to the ground turkey and tomato-based sauce.
These little sliders make a great healthy appetizer or meal. While you're slaving away over the stove, ask a friend to pick up a side salad for the perfect balanced meal. We like the Panera Poppyseed and Chicken salad because of its fresh summer flavors!
All-natural buffalo turkey sloppy Joe sliders
Yields 12 sliders
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/3 cup all-natural tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspon paprika
- 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce
- 12 slider rolls
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Melt the butter in a skillet and brown the ground turkey and onions over medium heat until the turkey is no longer pink. Drain the mixture in a colander and return it to the skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Spoon the turkey mixture over the sliders. Top with crumbled blue cheese and sliced pickles.
More sloppy Joe recipes
Sloppy Joe grilled cheese
Philly cheesesteak sloppy Joe sandwich
Sloppy Joe pizza