Sunday Burgers Get Better!
Does it get any better than burgers? These healthier, flavorful burgers are loaded with great taste and will definitely put you in the mood for cooking out!
Did you know you could swap lean ground turkey for ground beef to make fantastic burgers? Lean ground turkey typically has less fat than regular ground beef, and, with that in mind, some think lean ground turkey is dry and less flavorful than ground beef.
That's not the case with this Sunday dinner recipe for California turkey burgers. Fresh ingredients add great flavor to these burgers. The walnuts in this recipe help provide texture and flavor for these burgers. For the icing on the cake, we pile guacamole on top of these finished burgers for even more great taste!
California turkey burger recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup white onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup guacamole, as topping
- Yellow bell pepper rings, tomato slices, raw onion rings as garnish (optional)
- 4 burger buns, split in half horizontally
- Place the ground turkey into a large bowl. Toss in the remaining ingredients, except for the guacamole and the vegetable garnish.
- Use your hands to mix all the ingredients together until everything is well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly and form 4 patties, about 5 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick.
- Grill the patties over medium heat for 12-16 minutes, flipping 2-3 times until they’re cooked. The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services indicates that a safe internal temperature for cooked ground turkey is 165 degrees F.
- Serve on the buns topped with about 3 tablespoons of the guacamole and the vegetable garnishes, as desired.
Wrap your hands around these burgers!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Western-style scrambled egg and sausage sandwiches
Warm salmon salad with lemon vinaigrette
Blue cheese BLT wraps