Perfectly Healthy Salads With Seafood
Kick off summer with one of these deliciously healthy, low-fat and flavor-packed grilled seafood salads.These will fill you up without bloating, keeping you slim and svelte for that two-piece.
From grilled shrimp to easy salmon, these healthy salads are perfect additions to your summertime dinner menus. Leave the oven off and grill outside instead!
- 2 pounds unpeeled shrimp
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 kiwi, diced
- 1/2 large tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the shrimp and the jerk seasoning together, coating the shrimp with the seasoning. Cover and let marinate for at least an hour.
- Once marinated, preheat the grill to medium. Add shrimp and cook until just pink and soft, about 5 minutes.
- To make the salsa salad, mix the avocado, kiwi, olive oil, lemon juice, tomato and salt and pepper together. Place grilled shrimp on the salad and enjoy.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup bourbon (we used Jim Beam)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 cups fresh greens
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, molasses and orange juice together. Save about 1/3 of the mixture. Place the salmon in a large baking dish and cover with marinade. Cover dish with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, preheat grill to medium. Liberally coat the grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place salmon on the grill and cook for at least 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Pour sauce over fish at about the 4 minute mark on each side.
- Place greens in a large mixing bowl. Stir in red onion. Using reserved marinade, dress the salad. Add salmon to the top of the salad and enjoy!
More healthy fish recipes
Breaded oven-baked fish
Baked whole fish and potatoes with paprika
12 Verstatile fish and seafood recipes