A Light And Citrusy Summer Dish
This is the epitome of a summer pasta salad. Cooked pasta is tossed with a creamy dressing infused with fresh citrus flavors from both lemon juice and the zest. We also added in crunchy veggies and topped this pasta salad off with fresh herbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
This pasta recipe is so refreshing and is great for both a light lunch or dinner or as a side dish. The lemon in this recipe really adds a fresh citrusy flavor with each bite while the fresh herbs add just enough greenness. We highly recommend using freshly grated Parmesan cheese rather than pre-grated store-bought cheeses. It really helps add depth to this dish and a tangy delicious flavor.
Creamy lemon-infused pasta salad recipe
Adapted from the glutenfree goddess
- 1 (12 ounce) box pasta, (gluten-free, brown rice or quinoa pasta can be used)
- 1 cup cooked asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup sweet green peas (canned or frozen thawed completely)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or more as needed
- 1-2 small cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta as directed on the package. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl. Toss the pasta in the olive oil (use more if necessary).
- In a bowl add the minced garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest, mayonnaise, fresh herbs and salt and pepper, mixing well. Add to the pasta along with the chopped asparagus and sweet green peas. Mix thoroughly and add to a serving plate. Garnish with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
More lemon-inspired recipes
Meyer lemon shortbread cookies
4 fresh lemon recipes
Fruit and lemon curd layered angel food cake