Fresh Flavors All Wrapped Up
Chicken, fresh papaya and cucumber are the basis for these amazingly easy and refreshing spring rolls.
These are unbelievably good! You can use a rotisserie chicken to save lots of time while making these fresh spring rolls. Fresh papaya can be a little tricky to find for some, and you can easily substitute fresh mango. These are wonderful for hot days by the pool or when you just want something light to snack on and are virtually guilt-free. Since they are not deep-fried, you don't have to worry about your waistline. Dip these rolls in either our zesty peanut sauce or in our ginger lime dipping sauce.
Fresh papaya and chicken spring rolls recipe
Serves 4 (2 rolls per person)
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 8 rice paper sheets
- 1 small head butter lettuce, shredded or torn into pieces
- 1 papaya, seeds removed and cut into very thin strips
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Have all of filling ingredients ready on a plate. Dip a sheet of the rice paper into very warm water for about 45 seconds until it softens. Lay the rice paper on a flat surface and fill with the lettuce, chicken, papaya, cucumber and a few mint leaves.
- Gently roll up, keeping the roll as tight as possible. Place in a baking dish with damp paper towels. Repeat with the remaining rolls.
Spicy peanut dipping sauce recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut or peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl chill until ready to use.
Ginger lime dipping sauce recipe
- 1 tablespoon peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
More Asian-inspired ideas
Thai peanut noodle bowls
Take-out Chinese food recipes
Sweet and spicy Asian tofu with vegetables