Quick, Easy And Delicious!
Talk about quick and easy... this amazingly delicious grilled flat iron steak with chimichurri sauce and grilled bread can be prepared and ready to eat in under 20 minutes!
Flat iron steak tends to be less expensive than the increasingly popular skirt steak, though either cut of beef will do! Just remember two things — these meats cook fast and it's crucial to slice against the grain when serving! Make this tonight!
Grilled flat iron steak with chimichurri sauce and grilled bread
- 1-1/2 pounds flat iron steak (skirt steak works, too)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chimichurri sauce (recipe below)
- Crusty rolls or loaf of bread (Portuguese style rolls shown here)
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and black pepper. Drizzle the meat lightly with olive oil and rub all over. Coat the meat on both sides entirely with the spice rub. Set aside.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Slice rolls or bread in half and brush lightly with olive oil. Place bread (oiled side down) on the grill and apply pressure using a heavy skillet or pressing down firmly with a spatula. After about 1-2 minutes, remove grilled bread from the grill and set aside.
- Add meat to the already hot grill or grill pan and cook 3 minutes on one side, flip, and then 2 minutes on the other (you may want to go longer if you have a thicker piece of meat — just be careful not to overcook!) Remove steak from the grill and allow it to rest before slicing against the grain. Serve with chimichurri sauce and grilled bread.
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley rinsed well (leafs and stems are OK)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus more at the end if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Juice from half a lemon
- Pinch of kosher salt, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flake, to taste
- Add parsley, olive oil, garlic clove and lemon juice to a small food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are well mixed. Add more olive oil if you desire a thinner consistency. Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
More grilled steak recipes
Spicy grilled skirt steak with Thai red chili sauce
Churrasco skirt steak salad
Brown sugar steak