Add A Twist To A Classic!
Tried-and-true can rule, but sometimes adding a twist to a classic dish is a good move, too! Try this meatless dish for a fresh take.
It's easy to find meatless products, like soy-based chicken, at most grocery stores, and they taste great, too. This recipe for chicken-less Florentine is a classic dish but with a twist. When you use quick-cooking, soy-based chicken for this recipe, you'll have a fantastic Meatless Monday meal in minutes!
Chicken-less Florentine recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips, membrane and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups (packed) fresh spinach leaves
- 8 ounces prepackaged meatless chicken strips
- 1/4 cup plain, Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the red pepper, onion, salt, pepper and oregano, and mix to combine.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until the pepper and onion become soft.
- Add the meatless chicken, spinach and garlic, and mix well for several turns. The spinach will begin to wilt.
- Turn off the heat, but leave the pan on the burner. Add the yogurt and butter, and mix it in with the other ingredients.
- Season the dish in the pan with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Serve on individual plates.
Switch up a classic dish!
More Meatless Monday recipes
White bean, zucchini and tomato soup with Parmesan crisps
Miso-glazed grilled eggplant
Couscous with dried fruit and nuts