Switch up your mealtime with tasty results! Breakfast for dinner can be a delicious delight!
Do you ever crave breakfast for dinner? Not only can it be a tasty treat, it can make mealtime prep easy! This recipe for Western-style scrambled egg and sausage sandwiches is a perfect solution for what to serve for Sunday dinner.
We used al fresco All Natural brand chicken sausage breakfast patties for this recipe because they're gluten free, easy to make, and contain 70 percent less fat than pork sausage. These sandwiches are the perfect way to enjoy a breakfast-for-dinner meal.
Western-style scrambled egg and sausage sandwiches
- 1 (4 count) package al fresco country style chicken sausage patties
- 1 tube prepackaged biscuit rolls, baked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup canned or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Prepare the sausage patties according to the package directions. When cooked, set aside and keep them warm.
- Prepare the biscuits according to the package directions. While the biscuits cook, prepare the scrambled eggs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and red bell pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add corn kernels to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs to the skillet, season with the salt and pepper, and cook for about a minute until the bottom sets slightly.
- Use a spatula to mix the eggs around, scraping them from the bottom and sides of the skillet a few times, to cook the eggs through thoroughly.
- When the eggs are cooked, add 1 slice of cheese to the bottom half of each biscuit. Top each with one of the cooked chicken sausage patties, then add the scrambled egg mixture over the patties.
- Garnish with salsa or guacamole and serve warm.
Get your hands on these breakfast sandwiches for Sunday dinner!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Green chile burgers with chile-lime mayo
Warm salmon salad with lemon vinaigrette