An Adult Take On A Childhood Classic
As children most of us were served peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff sandwiches. What makes these cookies so special is that they take a classic childhood combination and make it suitable for adults to enjoy!
These sandwich cookies are pretty enough to serve at a party, but equally as great as a midafternoon snack.
Peanut butter and marshmallow cookie recipe
Makes 8 sandwich cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla on low speed until well incorporated.
- Using a spoon, scoop about 1-1/2 tablespoons of dough, 1-1/2 inches apart onto the baking sheet.
- Flatten the dough balls with the back of a fork, making a cross pattern on the tops of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until they are golden along the edges. Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are fully cooled, spoon a tablespoon of Marshmallow Fluff onto the bottom of one cookie, then sandwich it with another cookie.