A simple vegetable soup is a nice meal choice for a Meatless Monday. An easy recipe with a fun garnish makes this dish even more appealing.
Make your next Meatless Monday meal simple yet delicious! White bean, zucchini and tomato soup with Parmesan crisps couldn't be easier to put together. You'll have a great dish in less than 30 minutes and that includes a fun garnish to serve with your soup. This healthy soup choice is quick, easy and delicious!
White bean, zucchini, and tomato soup with Parmesan crisps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into rounds, then cut in quarters
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat if you have one, and set it aside.
- Add the olive oil to a stockpot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook until they soften or about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so, then add the vegetable broth and water, along with all the remaining ingredients except for the cherry tomatoes.
- Increase the heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat, add the cherry tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the soup is simmering, make your Parmesan crisps. Mound a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese for each crisp onto the lined baking sheet, at least half an inch apart.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the cheese out thin, in the shape of a circle, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Bake the crisps for 5-7 minutes, watching closely, until the edges turn golden.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool. Use a spatula to carefully remove them from the baking sheet.
- When the soup is finished, serve it in individual bowls topped with a Parmesan crisp on each.
Serve a simple soup for a Meatless Monday meal!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Miso-glazed grilled eggplant
Tofu and black bean breakfast burritos
Cheesy stuffed shells with carrots and mushrooms