Chocolate combines with cinnamon for this light-as-a-feather, Gluten-free Goodie of the Week mousse recipe!
If you're looking for an indulgent dessert that doesn't take much effort to make, this Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe for chocolate-cinnamon mousse might be up your alley. It's rich, yet light and fluffy. The combo of chocolate and cinnamon pairs well for a great treat, whether you're entertaining or sitting down with the family.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.
Chocolate-cinnamon mousse recipe
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts or gluten-free toffee candy pieces for garnish (optional)
- Melt the chocolate chips in the top part of a double boiler or in a metal bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water.
- Add the ground cinnamon to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Beat the whipping cream until it is frothy and stiffens up.
- Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the whipping cream and mix well with a rubber spatula. There will likely be chocolate at the bottom of the bowl, so be sure to scrape it from the bottom and mix it in.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least an hour.
- Serve in individual dessert bowls or clear glasses.
- Garnish with the chopped nuts or gluten-free toffee pieces.
This easy dessert is a delight!
More Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipes
Chocolate drizzled coconut-orange macaroons
Amazing orange bars
Fresh mango, coconut and lime ice cream