Fire up your grill and put a twist on the traditional banana split!
Who says grilling is just for meat and vegetables? Throw a spin on the classic banana split by grilling your bananas. Warm, tender grilled bananas make this banana split a perfect ending to your grilled meal!
Choose firm (but ripe) bananas and cut lengthwise in skins. Place bananas cut-side down on the grate of your pre-heated grill.
Using a long-handled spatula or pair of tongs, turn bananas once grill marks appear and brush with a honey-cinnamon mixture. Cook until skin begins to pull away from bananas. Peel skins away from bananas, place in a serving bowl and start building your banana split!
Grilled banana splits recipe
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 firm ripe bananas
- Your favorite ice cream
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- Store-bought fudge topping
- Whipped topping
- Maraschino cherries
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and ground cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Lightly coat your grill rack with cooking spray.
- Slice bananas lengthwise (with skin on).
- Place bananas (cut-side down) on grill. Grill bananas until grill marks appear, about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Using long-handled tongs or a spatula, turn bananas. Brush generously with honey-cinnamon mixture.
- Cook until skin begins to pull away from bananas, approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove skins from bananas and place 2 cooked slices in a serving dish. Top with ice cream scoops, pineapple tidbits, walnuts and your desired amount of fudge topping. Top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
More banana split recipes
Mini banana split bites
Banana split salad
Banana split dessert