Appetizers don't have to be complicated. These bite-size poppers are filled with cream cheese and lots of spicy jalapeños. Simple and delicious!
Need a quick party appetizer that won't have you standing in the kitchen the whole night? These little jalapeño popper wontons can be made ahead and fried just before serving. They are filled with cream cheese, chopped spicy jalapeños and fresh greated Parmesan. What's not to love?
Jalapeño popper wontons
Yields 24 wontons
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Mix cream cheese, peppers, cheese and pepper in a bowl. Stir until everything is combined and creamy.
- Lay out wontons and add about 2 teaspoons filling to the middle of each wonton wrapper.
- Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and run your finger around the edges of the wonton. Fold over (creating a triangle) and push all air around the filling. Continue until all wontons have been folded.
- Add 1 inch of vegetable oil to a high-sided skillet set over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot (but not smoking) add in wontons and cook for about 1 minute on each side. They are ready to flip once they browned.
- Serve hot.
You can also use a deep-fryer for the frying process.
More wonton recipes
Wonton taco recipe
Buffalo chicken cup recipe
Healthy baked crab rangoon recipe