Warmer weather means we're looking for lighter foods, and this fresh cilantro lime jicama salad makes a great side dish as we head into grilling season.
Need a unique salad for your grilled chicken, steak or juicy hamburgers? This jicama salad fits the bill perfectly.
Cilantro lime jicama salad recipe
Adapted from Simply Mexican
- About 1 pound jicama, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the jicama, cucumbers, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add cayenne pepper to taste.
More Daily Flavor
Arugula and quinoa salad
Cauliflower salad with homemade vinaigrette