Single Serving Deliciousness!
Mac and cheese in a single-serving size. They are perfect to eat for lunch or even to freeze into small lunch-size portions. They are tasty, convenient and easy!
Looking to feed a crowd? Want to impress the kids? This simple mac-and-cheese dish is taken to the next level by being cooked in cupcake tins and ready to eat without a fork. Perfect for birthday parties or even a fun weekend lunch. Your kids are sure to love this one.
Yields 24 cups
- 1 pound pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Nonstick spray
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pot of salted water till boiling. Once boiling add pasta and cook till al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat melt butter and whisk in flour. Slowly pour in milk and whisk until it begins to bubble and thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Add in cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Take off the heat and quickly stir in egg. If you do not stir fast enough, the egg could cook before it incorporates.
- Add in pasta and stir until all the pasta is coated.
- Spray cupcake tin with nonstick spray and coat each cup with grated Parmesan cheese. Pack each cup with mac and cheese and bake for about 10 minutes until browned. Let the mac and cheese cups rest in the pan for at least 5 minutes before attempting to remove.
More mac and cheese recipes
Crawfish mac and cheese recipe
Stovetop mac and cheese recipe
Roasted poblano mac and cheese recipe