Brunch For Any Occasion!
Whether you're treating mom or hosting an early gathering with friends, this baked dish is easy to make, elegant and a delight for any special get-together.
There is a lot to celebrate in the spring! Whether you're having guests over or making a special dish for mom, this recipe for ham, cheese and asparagus brioche bake is delightful. Rich and sweet, brioche is an elegant bread that combines nicely with the other ingredients and bakes up bubbly and golden. Something to remember: You can prep this dish a day or so in advance (up through step 8 below), then simply bake it the day of your event. This dish can make a special day even better!
Ham, cheese, and asparagus brioche bake recipe
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 pound brioche bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/8 pound cooked ham, cut into small cubes or pieces
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- Preheat your oven to 385 degrees F. Place the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season them with the salt and pepper.
- Cook the asparagus, turning once or twice, for about 10 minutes, or until they just begin to darken from roasting.
- Remove them from the oven, allow them to cool to the touch, then cut them into 1-1/2-inch pieces and set them aside.
- Lightly spray a medium-size baking dish with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the cubes of brioche bread into the baking dish along with the asparagus pieces, ham and half the cheese, and toss to mix.
- In s separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk. Season with a bit more ground black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover the baking dish and refrigerate for about 45-60 minutes, so the bread absorbs the liquid.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. When the oven is ready, bake the mixture for about 40-50 minutes, uncovered, or until the mixture turns lightly golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to stand to cool for 10 minutes or so before serving.
Bake up this dish for a lovely brunch!
More brunch recipe ideas
Easy, fresh fruit bruschetta appetizers
3 perfect brunch sandwich recipes
Brunch frittata recipes