You don't need to pass up classic cookies because you follow a gluten-free diet. This Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe for chocolate drizzled coconut-orange macaroons produces cookies that taste a bit like paradise! These cookies couldn't be easier to make, and you'll enjoy the results, whether for a special occasion or as a dessert for the family.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.
Chocolate drizzled coconut-orange macaroons recipe
Yields 2 dozen
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest from 1 large orange
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 ounces gluten-free semi-sweet baking chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, salt, egg whites, and pure vanilla extract.
- Use a mixer to beat the mixture until it is smooth and frothy, about 3 minutes.
- Fold in the coconut flakes and orange zest. Mix well to combine.
- Place the mixture near the baking sheets. Use your hands to roll the batter into 2-inch balls and place them on the baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, and rotate the baking sheets halfway through baking. Note: if you use dark baking sheets, consider baking for less time, as the bottoms of the cookies may brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Add 2 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in the microwave in 10 second increments until melted.
- When melted, use the back of a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the cooled cookies.
These cookies taste like paradise!
More Gluten-free Goodie recipes
Fruit and nut clusters
Cranberry swirl spice cake