Tired of plain ol' bacon and eggs every morning? These spiced up breakfast tostadas with scrambled eggs, salsa and avocado will start your day off with a bang. Amp them up with more salsa and plenty of extra hot sauce to taste.
Scrambled egg breakfast tostada recipe
- Canola oil
- 2 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese (or substitute feta)
- Chopped cilantro
- Hot sauce
- In a small pan, heat about 1/4 inch of oil to about 350 degrees F.
- Place a tortilla in the oil and fry until starting to crisp. Flip tortilla and continue frying until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Repeat with the remaining tortilla.
- In a small bowl, toss the cabbage with the lime juice. Reserve.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Pour into a medium skillet over low heat and scramble. When the eggs are almost cooked, stir in the salsa and finish cooking to desired doneness.
- Place half of the eggs on each tortilla. Top with the dressed cabbage, sliced avocado, cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with hot sauce.
More Daily Flavor
Breakfast skillet with chorizo and eggs
Funfetti cake waffles
Caramel apple pancakes