Worried about satisfying your kids' snack cravings but don't want to ruin your carpet? Try these kid- and carpet-friendly finger foods!
Let's face it. We all worry about our carpet getting ruined. Kids at snack time can spell disaster for carpets, but these kid-friendly finger food ideas will help to keep your carpet looking like new.
These corn dog muffins are simple, stain-free and satisfying. Adults will love them, too!
Adapted from Taste of Home
Yields 12 muffins
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 hot dogs, sliced into 6 equal pieces each to yield 12 pieces
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line it with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, eggs and milk with a large spoon.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Insert one hot dog piece into the batter of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Keep it simple, healthy and stain-free with this recipe that incorporates fruit, protein and whole grains.
Yields 5 slices
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into 5 rings
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup prepared granola
- Spread approximately 1 tablespoon peanut butter over each apple slice.
- Sprinkle evenly with granola.
Another healthy option is spreading peanut butter into celery stalks and sprinkling it with raisins. Your kids will probably want to join in on preparing this snack!
Adapted from Circle of Moms
- Desired number of celery stalks, sliced into 4-inch pieces
- Peanut butter
- Spread peanut butter over celery stalks.
- Sprinkle with raisins.
Nothing is simpler than microwave popcorn, right? Add grated parmesan cheese to all-natural popcorn for a kid- (and carpet-) friendly treat!
More kid-friendly recipes
No bake granola poppers recipe
Pepperoni pizza puff recipe
Spicy air popped popcorn
Gluten free applesauce carrot muffin recipe
Homemade goldfish crackers