These crisp and colorful Cobb salad endive boats are a must at your next brunch or garden party!
Endive leaves make a perfect vessel for these beautiful bite-sized Cobb salads!
Cobb salad endive boat recipe
Makes 12 appetizers
- 12 endive leaves, rinsed, blotted dry and uniform in size
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced (squirt with fresh lemon or lime juice to prevent browning)
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled feta or blue cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salad dressing (Ranch, Caesar both work well)
- Place endive leaves on a clean, flat surface. Fill each leaf with some egg, chicken, avocado, tomato, bacon and cheese. Serve with dressing on the side.
If your Cobb salad endive boats are tipping over, place them on a bed of spinach or arugula to help keep them upright.
More appetizer recipes
5 Creative cocktail party appetizers
Greek cheese appetizers
Easy fresh fruit bruschetta appetizers