Orecchiette are ear-shaped pasta with a central depression to catch the sauce better. There's no better way to take all the goodness of this scrumptious sauce straight to your mouth!
This is a very easy and healthy pasta to put together that will reward you with the delicious flavor of salmon accentuated with a delicate lemony taste.
Orecchiette with salmon, spinach, tomatoes & lemon recipe
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 11 ounces smoked salmon, sliced to smaller pieces
- 5 ounces bottled roasted peppers, chopped
- 1/8 cup brandy
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on the size
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 pound orecchiette (or other small pasta)
- Over medium heat in a large saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil, saute the garlic. When it turns golden, discard.
- Add the salmon to the oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted peppers and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the brandy, then turn the heat to high and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- Turn down the heat to medium, then add the tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the cream. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes. Add the spinach at the end of cooking, then season with salt and pepper.
- While waiting for the sauce to cook, bring a big pot of water to a boil. When the water boils, add some salt and the pasta. Follow the cooking time suggested on the packaging. When the pasta is cooked, drain but reserve about a cup of the water used in cooking.
- Mix the cooked pasta with the sauce. Add a little water used in cooking the pasta to make it a little bit creamy.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, then serve while still hot.
More pasta recipes
Sausage, cheese & sun-dried tomato pasta recipe
Smoky tomato, roasted red pepper and arugula pasta recipe
Pasta with figs, eggplant and tomatoes recipe