A Great Dip For Cinco De Mayo
This dip is a party for your taste buds! Roasted poblano peppers and chorizo are blended with creamy cheeses to create an out of this world flavor. Serve this rich and spicy dip with your favorite tortilla chips and an icy cold margarita.
This spicy cheesy dip is screaming with flavor. The chorizo and peppers give this dip a real kick while the cheese helps create a cool, creamy addition to this already delicious recipe. If you are a vegetarian, add some of the vegetarian-style chorizo that is widely available at most stores.
Roasted poblano and chorizo queso fundido recipe
Lightly adaped from two peas & their pod
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted and diced
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Mexican-style chorizo, cooked
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded white American cheese for topping (optional)
- Sliced green onion for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the onions and the jalapeño pepper, cooking for about 5 minutes or until softened. Turn the heat to a medium-low setting and add in the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, the salsa and the heavy cream mixing well.
- Stir in the cooked chorizo, the poblano pepper, tomatoes and chopped cilantro and ground cumin. Continue to cook until the cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- While still hot sprinkle the American cheese over the top. Garnish with green onions. Serve warm with chips.
More Mexican-inspired dips
Spicy hot corn dip
Mexican style bean dip
Mexican avocado dip