Recipes don’t have to be complicated to taste great. Try this lemony garlic brown butter sauce over pasta for a simple but flavorful dinner.
Simple but flavorful
Recipes don't have to be complicated to taste great. Try this lemony garlic brown butter sauce over pasta for a simple but flavorful dinner.
A comforting bowl of pasta is only minutes away with this quick-and-easy dish. Lemon, garlic and brown butter give whole-wheat spaghetti a huge flavor boost.
Spaghetti with lemony garlic brown butter sauce recipe
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice of 1-1/2 lemons
- 2 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a small pan over medium heat. Add the butter and stir until it begins to brown. Add the garlic to the pan and continue stirring for 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant and the butter is a dark brown color. (Watch carefully as the butter can burn easily.)
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Transfer butter mixture to a large bowl.
- When spaghetti is done, drain and toss with the butter mixture. Add Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with more shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
More Daily Flavor
Spicy Thai peanut noodles
Avocado Alfredo pasta with spicy shrimp