This Sunday dinner recipe makes a light, healthy and complete meal in one dish.
Warm salmon salad with lemon vinaigrette is a light and fresh dish that's perfect for a Sunday dinner. Not only is this recipe easy to make, it's a complete meal, all in one dish.
Salad greens are combined with warm brown rice, then topped with salmon for a healthy meal with a sophisticated presentation. The lemon vinaigrette finishes the dish with a fresh flavor.
Warm salmon salad with lemon vinaigrette recipe
For the vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the salmon salad
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus a bit extra
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces salad greens
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges, as garnish
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the brown rice, then set it aside and keep it warm.
- Season the salmon by sprinkling with the salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add 2 fillets to the pan and cook until done, about 6-8 minutes on each side. Cook the 2 remaining fillets (add a bit of extra olive oil to the pan first, if needed). Set the salmon aside and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad greens and the warm brown rice. Add the vinaigrette (reserve a bit if you can) and toss so the greens and rice are well coated.
- Evenly divide the salad and rice mixture between 4 plates, then top each with a salmon fillet.
- Serve with the remaining vinaigrette and lemon wedges on the side.
Salmon never tasted so good!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Baked shrimp and veggie egg rolls