Give Your Chicken And Rice A Peanut Makeover!
The simple oven-roasted chicken and steamed rice gets a makeover with this easy dinner. The trick? Peanuts!
Give your regular chicken and rice a healthy and simple condiment. Cover them with peanuts! They give the food a big boost in taste plus it's something that the kids will love. Bake them, instead of frying them, partner them with rice instead of fried potatoes but don't forget to smear it with the family's favorite sauce — ketchup!
Peanut crusted chicken and peanut rice recipe
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 4 chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups peanuts, crushed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Over medium heat in a small dry saucepan, toast the sesame seeds for about 5 minutes. Set them aside.
- Make 2-3 slashes on the chicken. Rub with salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 wide bowls containing the following: eggs, flour and peanuts.
- Dip the first chicken thigh in the bowl with the flour then shake off the excess. Dip it next in the bowl of beaten eggs then to the peanuts. Do the same with the other 3 chicken thighs.
- Place them on an oiled baking pan. Drizzle top with extra-virgin olive oil. Placing them in the middle rack, bake at a preheated oven of 375 degrees F for 1 hour.
- In a medium saucepot, mix the rice with 2 cups of water let it boil over high heat. When it starts to boil, put down the fire to low, cover it partially and let it dry up and cook through, about 18 minutes, depending on the kind of rice used. Garnish rice with peanuts and sesame seeds. To serve the rice like in the picture, use a square food shaper to shape the rice, wrap the sides with nori and tie it with fresh chives.
More peanut recipes
Tempeh Thai spring rolls with spicy peanut sauce recipe
Slow cooker African peanut stew recipe
Thai spicy peanut sauce with poached chicken recipe