Love Girl Scout cookies? Want to learn to make them at home? These cookie bars taste like caramel delights but with a lot less work!
There is nothing better than sitting down and eating a plate of delicious cookies. This simple bar cookie will give you the taste of Girl Scout cookies all year-round! Sandy shortbread topped with toasted coconut, caramel and drizzled with chocolate. What's not to love?
Coconut delight cookie bar recipe
Yields 9 x 13-inch pan
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 12 ounces caramel candies, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add brown sugar and butter. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- On low, add egg and vanilla extract. Making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add in flour and mix on medium speed until the mixture is wet and sandy. It will appear very dry at first but keep mixing until it starts to clump together.
- Pour dough into prepared pan and press together until flat and even. Bake for about 20 minutes until the edges are browned. Cool completely before adding topping.
- Add unwrapped caramels and heavy cream to a large saucepan over low heat. When caramels start to melt make sure to stir so it does not burn. Once fully melted, add in toasted coconut and mix together.
- Working quickly, add spoonfuls of the caramel/coconut mixture to the top of the shortbread crust. Spread out the topping over the crust until the crust is evenly coated. Let cool.
- Once cool, remove bars from the pan and cut into square or rectangle shapes.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl until smooth. Dip bottoms of all the bars into the chocolate and use any remaining chocolate to drizzle overtop the bars.
More cookie recipes
Easter cookie pizza recipe
Cake batter chocolate chip cookie recipe
Four-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe