For a more traditional soup, simply swap out the nondairy milk for cream or half-and-half!
Vegan cream of asparagus soup recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds chopped asparagus
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- Leaves from 1 sprig thyme
- 3 cups homemade or low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, saute the asparagus in olive oil over medium heat, until slightly caramelized.
- Stir in onions and cook until translucent. Add the thyme leaves and vegetable stock, cover loosely and simmer until the asparagus is soft, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain soup through a fine mesh strainer into a saucepan. Discard any solids. Add the almond or soy milk, salt and pepper and stir until hot. Serve.
More vegan recipes
Vegan cake batter ice cream
Vegan pasta salad
Vegan fettuccine Alfredo