Nothing beats a fresh, light shrimp meal for Sunday dinner. Go with this Greek-inspired recipe for a tasty meal.
With a handful of ingredients including shrimp, you can create a special Sunday dinner. This Greek-inspired shrimp recipe is light and fresh — perfect for a family gathering. Serve the shrimp over pasta or rice for a complete meal.
Greek-style shrimp recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 24 precooked shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 1/4 cup diced Greek-style olives
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, torn
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- Add the olive oil to a saute pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until they become lightly golden.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, and salt and pepper to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat slightly, add the shrimp, olives and basil to the pan. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Serve the mixture over pasta or rice on individual plates, and garnish with the feta cheese.
This is a lovely, fresh dish for a Sunday dinner!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Baked eggplant Parmesan
Broccoli mac and cheese