Adobo sauce gives this meat and rice dish a delicious flavor. Adding chunks of pineapple and peas not only gives it more color but also imparts an interesting sweetness and a slight tartness to this already delicious dish.
Pineapple, chicken and pork adobo rice recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon
- 5 ounces lean pork, diced
- 5 ounces chicken breast, diced
- Extra-virgin olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Mix the soy sauce, lemon and pepper in a bowl. Marinate the pork and chicken for at least 1 hour. Take away the meat from the marinade. Set the marinade aside.
- Over medium heat in a medium saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil, saute the pork and chicken. Brown all sides.
- When the meat turn brown, transfer them to a bowl to set aside. Discard the used oil then add fresh oil, about 4 tablespoons.
- Over low-medium heat, pour the marinade in the saucepan. Let it simmer until it is starting to thicken, about 3 minutes. Don't let it dry up.
- Add the onions to the saucepan. After 2 minutes, add the pineapple and peas. Toss them together for 3 minutes.
- Put the meat back in the saucepan and toss all the ingredients together for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well until the rice is well coated with the sauce, about 5 minutes. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil if it's a bit dry. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
More rice recipes
Savory ground turkey and mushroom rice recipe
Healthy Chinese fried rice recipe
Quick Mexican rice recipe