A ricotta, honey and banana bagel panini is a great treat to wake up to on a Gluten-free Friday! It tastes just as good if you use your favorite gluten-free bread instead of a bagel. The honey and ricotta cheese combine to create a creamy, sweet spread to pair with the banana.
If you don't have a panini maker, don't fret! Follow these directions:
- Use two skillets and a few canned goods to put the pressure on this sandwich.
- Prep your sandwiches and place them near the stove.
- Place one skillet over medium-high heat and add nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the sandwich on the skillet. Put the second skillet (bottom side) on top of the sandwich.
- Carefully place the canned goods in the skillet to help weigh it down, pressing on the sandwich.
- Cook for a few minutes until the sandwich begins to toast slightly.
- Remove the canned goods and top skillet, flip the sandwich and replace the skillet and canned goods until the second side is toasted.
Ricotta, honey and banana bagel panini recipe
- 2 gluten-free bagels (or gluten-free bread if you prefer)
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese (2 per sandwich)
- 4 teaspoons honey (2 per sandwich), more to taste
- 2 small bananas (1 per sandwich), cut in half, then sliced horizontally
- Prep your sandwiches by slicing the bagels in half horizontally and spreading the ricotta cheese onto the bottom halves of the bagels.
- Drizzle the honey over the ricotta, then place the banana slices on top. Add the top half of the bagel to the sandwich.
- If you're using a panini press, add the sandwiches to the griddle and close the press. Cook according to the panini press directions or until the bread is toasted on both sides.
- If you're using your own press method with the two skillets as described above, cook your sandwiches for about 5 minutes, flipping once, so both sides are golden and toasted.
This makes a great breakfast sandwich (or afternoon treat)!
More Gluten-free Friday recipes
Margherita potato pizza
Green chili and cheese cornbread