This quinoa salad mixed with fresh herbs makes a beautiful side dish or vegetarian main course!
Packed with protein and dietary fiber, quinoa (considered a superfood) has exploded in popularity in the past few years! Quinoa is simple to prepare and can be used in a variety of sweet and savory dishes.
Herbed quinoa salad with toasted pine nuts and lemon
- 1 cup quinoa, prepared according to package instructions, room temperature or cooled
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lightly coat the bottom of a frying pan with olive oil and heat the oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add onions to the pan and saute the onions until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Place quinoa into a large bowl. Add sauteed onions, toasted pine nuts, mint, sundried tomatoes, dill and lemon juice and stir well. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with a touch more olive oil (if desired) right before serving.
More quinoa recipes
Quinoa pizza bites
Quinoa carrot cake breakfast muffins
Arugula and quinoa salad