Take your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to a whole new level! This sweet, peanut butter packed quick bread is perfect with a little butter or even a smear of jam.
It's time to jazz up your peanut butter and jelly sandwich! This simple peanut butter quick bread is perfect when slathered with sweet raspberry jam. The best part is that the bread can be made and ready to eat in just about 1 hour. How simple is that?
Peanut butter bread recipe
Adapted from A Pretty Life
Yields one 9 x 5-inch loaf or 4 mini loaves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk (possibly a little more)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside. If you do not have parchment paper, you can just spray the pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together both flours, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Add in peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl at least once.
- Slowly add in flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. The dough will look very dry but this is OK. Drizzle in your milk and mix on low speed until incorporated. If the dough still looks too dry (think of a normal quick bread, does it look dryer than that?) then add additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistancy is met.
- Add batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Bake for about 60 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
More bread recipes
Irish soda bread 4 ways
Artichoke dip bread recipe
Pull-apart hot cross biscuit recipe