Need a quick morning breakfast? Don't ignore how fast and easy a frittata can make your morning. Delicious kale, eggs, bacon and a sprinkle of fresh herbs. Delicious!
Kale is a powerhouse of nutrition. This simple breakfast or brunch dish is packed full of delicious kale, crispy bacon and a sprinkling of fresh chopped herbs. This is the best way to start the day!
Kale frittata recipe
Yields 8-inch frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped crispy bacon
- 1 tablespoon mixed fresh herbs (basil, thyme and rosemary would all work)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Set oven broiler to high and leave the rack in the middle.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- In an 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add in kale and saute for about 5 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Add in bacon and herbs and pour in eggs. Stir once to combine everything and then let cook for about 5 minutes till the bottom and edges have just started to set.
- Sprinkle with cheese, put in the oven and cook under the broiler for about 5 minutes. The frittata will be done when the top no longer jiggles and is fully cooked.
- Enjoy hot or at room temperature.
More kale recipes
3 unique kale recipes
Apple and bacon kale salad recipe
Kale, butternut squash and pancetta pizza recipe