Once you see how simple and delicious this homemade bread can be, you won't ever want store-bought again.
Making bread doesn't have to be intimidating or scary. This simple method is no knead and gives you an extra nutrition boost with some whole wheat flour. If you have ever been scared of bread making, this is the recipe for you.
Dutch oven bread recipe
Slightly adapted from Savory Sweet Life
Yields 1 loaf
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- In a large bowl add yeast and warm water. Let the yeast dissolve and add in flours and salt. Mix until combined. The dough will be very sticky. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise on a warm countertop for 12 hours.
- Line a Dutch oven with parchment paper, set aside.
- Sprinkle the dough with a little flour (enough so it's not too sticky) and form into a ball. Add the dough ball to the parchment-lined Dutch oven.
- Cover the Dutch oven with a lid and add to a cold oven. Turn the oven to 450 degrees F and cook for 30 minutes. Remove lid and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Once bread is cooked, immediately remove loaf from the Dutch oven and cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
More bread recipes
Irish soda bread 4 ways
Artichoke dip bread recipe
Pull-apart hot cross biscuit recipe