Have a cooking craving? Have a Nutella craving? We have you covered! This delicious sandy brown butter shortbread is topped with a big dollop of chocolate hazelnut spread. You won't want to stop at just one!
Brown sugar shortbread topped with Nutella recipe
Yields 9 x 9-inch dish
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch glass dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add butter, brown sugar and kosher salt. Cream together until fluffy.
- Slowly add in flour and mix on medium speed till the dough is clumpy. This will take a few minutes. At first the dough will look sandy but it will eventually come together and look moister.
- Evenly press dough into the parchment-lined pan. Bake for about 25 minutes until the shortbread is light brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then cut into squares. Once completely cool top with Nutella.
More shortbread recipes
Meyer lemon shortbread cookie recipe
Salted caramel shortbread bites recipe
Oatmeal raisin shortbread cookie reicpe