Looking to add extra nutrition to your diet? Caesar salad is tasty, but it's made even better by using kale! It's a simple and delicious green that is packed full of nutrition!
Even if you're not a fan of salad, you will love this dish! It uses hearty kale and is drizzled with a creamy homemade Caesar dressing and crispy croutons. It's a modern twist on a classic dish!
Kale Caesar salad recipe
Adapted from Fine Cooking
Yields 4 salads
- 1-1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 3 small cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 pasteurized egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cups kale, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup croutons
- In a blender add anchovy paste, garlic, egg yolk, mustard, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and combined.
- While the blender is running slowly drizzle in olive oil. The dressing will become creamy. Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Add 1-1/2 cups kale per bowl, drizzle with dressing and top with croutons.
More kale recipes
3 Unique kale recipes
Kale, apple and bacon salad recipe
Kale, butternut squash and pancetta pizza recipe