Surprise your dinner guests with these fancy little square packages of baked fish and potatoes.
This recipe simply calls for whitefish fillets, potatoes and fresh thyme but what makes it special is the way they are packed in square packages that will definitely impress your dinner guests. It doesn't require too much work either.
Fish and potato squares recipe
- 9 ounces potatoes
- 4 medium whitefish fillets
- Fresh thyme
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 food square molds (about 2-1/2 inches)
- Peel the potatoes, then slice them very thinly with the help of a mandoline. If you don't have one, try to slice the potatoes as thin as you can without breaking the slices.
- Lay a baking sheet on a baking pan. Spray some oil on the baking sheet and the inner sides of the square food molds. Make sure the inner sides are completely oiled to facilitate sliding out the potato squares when they are cooked. Put the 4 molds on the baking sheet.
- In every food mold, lay 1 or 2 short potato slices inside, covering the whole bottom part. Then choose the longer slices and drape them on all the sides of the square, starting from half of the bottom.
- Put one fish fillet inside each mold. Slice them to fit inside the mold. Season with salt, pepper, fresh thyme and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Close the packages by folding back the potato slices that have been draping outside the mold. Secure with a food stick to close. Season with salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Let it cool for 3 minutes. Slide the food mold away from the fish and potato squares.
More fish recipes
Tarragon baked fish recipe
Baked whole fish and potatoes with rosemary and paprika recipe
Fish and vegetables in foil recipe